Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Santa???

My son Ammon, who will be turning 8 this February, sure asked a lot of questions about Santa this year! It makes me sad to think this is probably the last year Santa will exist in his mind as a real person. I guess we all have to grow up at some time but still I was hoping around the age of 13 or 14 even. But he is too smart for his own good. I can't remember when I figured it all out and or how I felt. I just remember how I felt when I woke up to a lot of presents and didn't care who they came from. Here were some of his questions. "How come we have the same wrapping paper that Santa used last year?" (My bad). We were getting ready for bed and out of the blue he said, "I think Santa is our own parents." Dakota just looked at me and laughed, it does not matter much to Dakota as it does me, he figures he will figure it out sooner then later but still...few more years please! I like hiding and being sneaky with the gifts, trying to find good places to hid them without getting caught. "If we are celebrating Jesus birthday then why does Santa give us gifts?" But the funnest one was when he said, "How does Santa watch us when we are sleeping? Its kind of creepy." So many questions, really funny questions and some I don't really know how to answer the correct way without lying or giving it away. I was not prepared for these questions so early. We will see what happens, maybe I'll get one more year!?!?!

3 comments:

  1. I thought Claire had it all figured out last year, then when this Christmas rolled around, it was apparent she didn't. It didn't take her long though, yesterday she told me she knew. She said she found out after Christmas, I hope that's how it worked. She's excited though since that means she gets to help me fill her sister's stockings next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww those are so cute! I can't wait to get questions like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It's kind of creepy" HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete