Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ammon is a member

It came and went so fast. But it happened, Ammon is a member of the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints!! He is so excited too. The next day when the bishop announced to everyone that he was the newest member of the ward he was so happy! Well, now he knows if he does anything bad he is held accountable for EVERYTHING! :)It was a very nice baptism. Suzanne (mother-in-law) and Ana (sister-in-law) were able to come down from Seattle and spend a few days with us. It was a very nice visit, we had lots of fun. Grandma gave a talk about the Holy Ghost and I gave the talk about baptism. Ana sang Ammon's favorite song "Love one another", and she did a wonderful job. I enjoyed every minute of it. My sister Summer and brother Ryan were there and a few other people from the ward.
But now with his new scriptures in hand, we have been reading every day together. And how wonderful it is to have scriptures in our life to help us and guide us. Its funny, I remember when I started reading the scriptures and the fun words you had to figure out the meaning of them and how to read them the right way so they mean what they are supposed to mean. Its fun just listening to him and then asking him what he got out of that scripture. Understanding comes with patients and lots of practice.I am so proud of Ammon. He loves the gospel so much and I pray it will stay that way for the rest of his life. He has such a strong testimony and he knows the church is true. He is a special one. After the interview with the bishop, the bishop came up to me and told me, "Ammon is very unique and very spiritual!"

No comments:

Post a Comment