Thursday, August 20, 2009

2nd grade ALREADY!!


Ammon started school on Wednesday the 19th of august. Its so sad to say I'm old enough to have a second grader! I feel for those that have a senior in high school (Tisha, (my sister)). He was so cute, we went clothes shopping couple of days before and he picked out everything he wanted to wear. That's when I realized my job was almost done. I get to guide him and teach him things to help him through his life. Things that can make him strong and knowledgeable, things to prepare him for the good times and the bad. This has opened my eyes to how much I need to learn for myself to be a good teacher. Because there will be a time that he will be on his way...all by himself. Only calling me when it's a dire situation. But I can't think about that now. I have to think of how cute he was his first day and how excited he was to go meet new friends. How when he came out of his class room you knew he had a good day. When he looked over at me with those bright eyes, with that "HI MOM" look too excited to tell me everything. All the words came out in a jumble. It was precious! I asked him "How was your day? He said "WONDERFUL!! I love the first day of school!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment