Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Camping in the High Alpine

We went camping again. Two weekends in a row, man we are spoiled! But this time Dakota thought it would be best if we went to the top of a mountain. We went to a place called Adams Lake. It was an adventure for sure. The path that took us up the mountain was steep. On one side it went straight up and on the other it went straight down. At times it look as if we could fall 3 hundred feet off the side of the road. The road was pretty much a one car maybe squeeze in another if your lucky. It had switch back all the way up the mountain. But once we were on top we drove for about an hour into the mountains, then we hit the "fun stuff". The stuff where I had to jump out of the car a few times and Dakota even got scared at one point. He stepped out of the car to look at the hill we were about to go down when he came back to the car he said, "Make sure everyone has their seat belts on." That was it I was done!!! I jumped out of the car and ran down the hill with all my kids and kept running until I felt safe. Nothing happened of course he made it just fine. But I'm glad I did not have to experience it.


WAKING UP.
I woke up to this...

It was so cute when i walked outside of the tent and saw all the flowers my boys gathered for me. It made my day. Little Micaiah brought me some flowers also just so he could get a kiss. The first day was so cold. we were so high in the mountains that we could see snow across the lake from us. The boys stayed in the car to get warm. So we packed up our tent and went around the rest of the loop to find a warmer place to sleep.


DIVORCE HILL.
The Divorce hill was the last hill you had to go up to get to the camp ground. This too I walk up with all my kids. But I tell you what, it was one of the most up in the air hill I have ever seen. The reason its called the Divorce hill is because the next day on our way out Dakota would not let me get out of the car, so i screamed "I WANT A DIVORCE." He stopped and laughed but Ammon did not think it was so funny. He said, "No mommy that would make me sad." I told him "then tell your dad to let me out!" He let me out with the baby and Micaiah but Ammon stayed.

We went through some amazing four wheeling trails. I never in my right mind would think my car would ever go through these types of obstacles. But we did it and it was fun.
We finally had enough going over bumps and rocks and everything else. So we decided to find a place and we found a beautiful one next to another lake where it was a little warmer. We set up tent and while I cooked our diner the boys went out on the lake in the raft. They loved it! Ammon wanted to go on the other side of the lake and walk around to see what the difference was. They got out of the boat and I could see them from where I was. They just walked around and examined the area.

After diner we went into survival mode. It rained really hard and it was so cold. We tried to watch a movie in the tent but it was raining too hard, we could not hear it. We were so cold. It thundered and we had lightening all night. I was up all night trying to keep Isabella and Ammon warm. Dakota was up all night trying to keep Micaiah warm. He would kick off his blankets and wiggle out of his sleeping bag. I think Dakota had a harder time then I did. The next day was fun we ate a breakfast that took 5 hours to cook for some odd reason and then we packed up our tent and headed home. Before we left the boys through a log in the lake and The weather could not make up its mind. It was either really nice with blue sky's or dark gray clouds but the clouds moved so fast so the changes were minute to minute. We of course had to finish the trail we slept at. There was no reason to turn around on the main road...oh no not in Dakota's book. It was a beautiful drive, bumpy but beautiful. What an adventure these three days were!

1 comment:

  1. NOOO mommy that would make me sad! Ha ha ha that's awesome.
    I wish I could have come with you kids.

    ReplyDelete